Wednesday 4 February 2015

Emma Watson is a glowing light in a very dim celebrity driven world.

FIn this world of celebrity I get very dismayed at the worship of the uneducated (or pretending to be uneducated) bimbo style woman. We all know the types, the Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton and Katie Prices of this world who are lauded for nothing more than their bodies, sex lives and partners.

That said, Emma Watson seems to be one of the younger generation of women in the public eye that seems to have her head screwed on, as you can see from this snippet taken from Twitter. It just reiterates why she is definitely someone I would love more young girls to look up to.



Yes, the three women I mentioned must have pretty damn good business skills (or know how to pick good people to do it all for them; a skill in itself) to create so much wealth from so little, but my major bugbear is……. how many young girls look up to them for those skills (zero?), instead they think that pumping up their boobs, behaving badly, creating viral sex tapes and sleeping with the latest big sport/TV/film star will make them popular and provide an amazing lifestyle.

Once you grow up you realise life isn't quite that easy, and that sleeping your way through the British Premier League football squads etc. will get you things (but probably not the things you were after): a pretty dodgy reputation, possibly a nasty STD or two or a feeling of worthlessness when you realise you are being used over and over again.

These few women are the exceptions that skew the reality that most women have to educate themselves and work hard to gain a better place in society, a society that is still, unfortunately, very male biased.

Let's face it, Emma Watson is set for life after the Harry Potter films, and could easily just sit on a Caribbean beach playing footsie with a billionaire boyfriend for the rest of her existence, so when I read quotes from her about the importance of getting an education, being true to yourself and not following the pack, it makes my heart sing.

More GREAT QUOTES from Miss Watson
  • I don't want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself.
  • I'm not going to school just for the academics, I wanted to share ideas, to be around people who are passionate about learning.
  • I want to be a Renaissance woman. I want to paint, and I want to write, and I want to act, and I want to just do everything.
  • I'm going to do what I want to do. I'm going to be who I really am. I'm going to figure out what that is.
  • All I can do is follow my instincts, because I'll never please everyone.
Thanks for reading. I love to read your comments, and if you like my ramblings please feel free share. 
KLx
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13601927/?claim=db7vnyjdwan">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


No comments:

Post a Comment