Monday 2 February 2015

The perfect bra for big girls... in more ways than one!

As a tall lady I have many issues with clothes. Trousers that have never met my ankles, winter sleeves that give my wrists frostbite and bust darts that end up around my chest bones, but one of my biggest issues is bra straps.
A pretty full cup bra,
but with fixed shoulders it's a no-no!

Yes I did say Bra Straps!!!!

I like pretty bras with pretty designs, but I find that a lot of the nicer bras have fancy fixed straps up the front and sometimes over the top of the shoulder with just a small adjustable piece of elastic at the back. 

What's wrong with that?

Well when you are tall everything is elongated, and to get the straps actually on to your shoulder you'll probably need to extend your strap to the very longest point, and when half the strap is immovable it's just not going to happen.

I also have the added issue of rather large boobage.

This is me in my Cascade Pearl Bra.
The fingers are there to cover up the see-through nipple bits
which my hubby quite appreciated.


They've had a big of a growing spree over the past few years (something to do with weight and middle aged spread I think), much to my hubby's delight, and they are now officially a 36F!!!!

With both of my size issues, height & boobs, bra shopping is usually a bit of a pain. Well in contrast this week I have had a great time with a beautiful new bra from Silhouette Lingerie.



I got a 36F in the Pearl coloured Cascade full cup bra (in some brands I have to adjust my size, but Silhouette was spot on), and was delighted that the elastic straps are nice and long and not the ugly 2 inches wide variety that usually come along with the letter F on the tag.

 The fit was spot on; the lift was good, the wires sat perfectly underneath and there was no gap at the breast bone. With my body length I did have to put the straps to full length, but I didn't have any dig in on the shoulders which definitely made it a comfy fit.

I would usually go for a balconette shaped cup instead of a full cup, but sometimes you just want everything contained with no possibility of fall out if you just happen to break into a run (not the most likely of scenarios) so I thought I try this one and I'm really glad I did.

The Cascade Full Cup comes in Black, White & Pearl, and there are seasonal variations too, so I think I may be purchasing a couple more of these pretty bras, and I may also have a go with the Balconette cup too.

Just a little note: If strap length is a factor for you too, but you maybe don't have the hefty cup size that I do, check with the lovely people at Silhouette Lingerie to see if your size comes with the fully elastic straps, as I did notice on the website that a couple of the pictures show a more fixed lace strap (I think these may be on the smaller cup sizes).

I am not affiliated to Silhouette Lingerie and have no interests in the company, and links to the website have only been added for your convenience.

Thanks for reading
KL x

No comments:

Post a Comment